Heers wut ya git!

Pull up a seat and read a little. If you are from WV you are probably like me and have never learned to read so get someone to read it to you. I'm Skully, my friend Mike listens to me and translates my words from Hickglish to English. He is familiar with the ways of folks from other areas, and can communicate readily with the general populace.
(Fetch ya a char an lisen ta wuts heer. If’n yer frum West Verginua yu r proly lak me an ain’t had no reedin ejukashun so git sumbudy to reed it to ya. I’m Skully, ma frend Mak lisens ta mee an translates ma werds frum normul to wut them thar hi falootin peepole talks. He nows how to talk to outciders an can speek thar langwige.)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Parting with another guitar











I hate to sell this bass but I have other equipment needs that must be fulfilled. It's an Epiphone EB3 and it is one of the good ones. It's like buying a Fender Squire; sometimes you get a good one that is every bit as good as a real Fender and sometimes they suck. The tone from the neck pickup has balls that go on forever! I've played it through an 80's Peavey "BASIC 40", a Fender Twin with 2-15 cab and 2 Ampegs, an SVT w/2-15 & V9 w/2-15. The sound is amazing!

I am getting better at doing setups; the intonation in "on" and the action is low. The string buzz is minimal to the ear but it does not come through the speakers.

The truss rod adjustment has left a slight bow (on purpose), combined with the bridge adjustments I think it is optimal; easy to play.

There are no dings on the bass anywhere...I'm going to miss this one.

I have 2 Jazz bases (fretted & frettless) and have wondered what it would be like to put one of the big Gibson/Epi humbuckers in the extreme north neck position; there is room for this mod and I'm very tempted. I love the sound of this pickup but first I think I'll try to get it with EQ before modding the basses. I've put a series/parallel "push-pull" pot in each of the jazz basses so I can get the Pbass sound but wouldn't it be just F*ing amazing to add the big Gibson humbucker option to the mix...

No comments: